Monday 21 December 2015

Measure - Understand - Control - Improve

I've realized that I am in the need of some serious self-reflection lately. When my energy is low and I'm overworked (especially during the holidays) I find it easier just to let the reflecting slide and just keep pushing myself. My quantity may go up but I notice my quality begins to suffer. Not enough sleep is going to cure that.

Then I got a little nudge from the Universe: a step in the right direction that was easy and attainable and would allow me to see where I currently am in life, and what I can work on to get to where I want to be. It took all the hard work out of the beginning by helping me "measure" myself on a scale and got me motivated to take the next step of "understanding" my current reality so I can finally take "control" of the path I am on and "improve" the areas I need.

I recently took an assessment by Michael Hyatt. It says, "Rate yourself on a scale of 1–12 in each of life’s ten domains. You read a series of statements that describe specific situations and pick the one that most closely aligns with where you perceive yourself to be." It only took a few minutes. And it was definitely worth it. 


The ten domains of life that it covers are:

Spiritual, Intellectual, Emotional
Physical, Marital, Parental, Social
Vocational, Avocational, Financial

I'm not endorsing this assessment nor the support and workshops he offers to assist you in creating the life you want. But it is free to sign up for the LifeScore and it is a great tool to help you see right where you are. If you are feeling lost and are ready to take your power back, you can download the assessment here:
http://michaelhyatt.com/lifescore/


I just want to put it out there that the above picture was made with 27 layers. I love making these pictures and getting creative. It's very fun, relaxing, and meditative.

No comments:

Post a Comment