Thursday 17 December 2015

Have the Winter Blues Started Already?

It seems every Autumn my mood takes a downfall. This year isn't much different. I've been finding myself in a state of confusion, unsure about myself or the next step I should take. I've learned to be grateful for these moments because they always lead to better times ahead. Rather than resisting, I have decided to go with the flow of events and emotions as they come. Grounding work and tapping into my creative side are proving to be great motivators for me to stay present in the moment and help me focus on the things that are most meaningful in my life.

"Eastern cultures believe that people experience better health when living in harmony with the natural cycles of their environment. Winter is at it greatest Yin in nature this time of year expressing its inactive, cold, and damp nature. Emotionally, it is best to remain introspective, restful, and consolidate your energy.
In winter, the cold and darkness urges us to slow down. At this time of year we are encouraged to reflect on our health, replenish our energy, and conserve our strength. Winter is ruled by the water element (the greatest body of our emotions and is expressed in nature as well as in the body. Fear and depression tend to become the dominant emotion this time of year often because of the lack of light the eyes receive. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) also called winter depression describe a form of depression that occurs in the winter months. Women are affected more often than men, and the prominent symptoms are low mood, starting in autumn or winter, lack of energy, irritability, overeating, weight gain, a craving for carbohydrates, lack of interest in socializing and increased sleep and daytime sleepiness. In Winter, people should stabilize their emotions and cultivate their mind."

I found some wonderful suggestions for having a healthy winter, you can check them out at: Peaceful Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment